Delicious Creamy White Chicken Chili is comfort in a bowl. The green chiles add flavor but mild spice. Garnish with cheese, green onion and Greek yogurt. A side of crusty bread or cornbread can be served on the side.
It’s that time of the year to bring out the soup and chili recipes! Creamy White Chicken Chili is a delicious recipe that is very mild in spiciness. The addition of fresh jalapeno slices would kick up the spiciness level if you prefer.
Looking for more soup recipes?
- Broccoli Cheese Soup – Sharp cheddar cheese gives this a great flavor
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup – Cinnamon sugar croutons are a unique addition to a classic soup
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup – An easy set it and forget it slow cooker soup
Creamy White Chicken Chili
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 lbs raw chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces seasoned with pepper (I skipped the salt as there is some in the broth)
- 1 large yellow or white onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cans white beans rinsed
- 4 oz canned green chiles not drained
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- 4 oz light cream cheese room temp or warmed in the microwave for about 20 seconds
- pepper to taste
- shredded cheese
- chopped green onion
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add oil and chopped chicken breasts. Sauté until chicken is cooked through and onions are soft. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil. To make the cream cheese easier to dissolve, warm the cream cheese for about 20 seconds in the microwave before adding.
- Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Check for seasoning. Add garnishes and serve.