This simple and delicious recipe requires only four ingredients to come together, meaning for a lot of folks they already have everything in their fridge to make this. I do think freshly shredded cheese is best here as the taste and mouthfeel is just better in my opinion than the already shredded bagged cheese, if you can manage it. If you have to use pre-shredded for some reason, hey just go for it, it will still be tasty. Enjoy!
- 2 cups (16 oz.) sour cream
- 1 package (about 12 oz.) bacon, finely chopped and cooked crispy
- 2 cups (8 oz.) freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 bunches green onions, finely chopped or snipped w/ a scissors
- for garnish: a little extra bacon, shredded cheese and green onions
- serve with your favorite chips, crackers or waffle fries
- Combine all dip ingredients except the garnishes in a mixing bowl. Chill for at least an hour. When serving, top with garnish of bacon, cheese and green onions and serve with chips/dippers of your choosing.