Fresh ricotta pancakes have got to be one of the loveliest breakfasts out there. Adding lemon and other toppings like fresh fruit, curds and jams boosts them to completely mouth watering.
Ricotta pancakes are incredible and adding lemon to them just amps up the deliciousness.
Freezing and Reheating Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Leftovers reheat wonderfully in the microwave. Store them in the fridge if you plan on eating them soon, otherwise freeze them in a Ziploc bag, separated by squares of parchment paper.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 1 Tablespoon Butter for griddle
- garnishes: strawberry or raspberry jam, lemon curd, butter, syrup, fresh berries
- Preheat a nonstick griddle.
- Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and sugar in a small bowl. Whisk together the cheese, eggs, milk, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl. Whisk the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Brush the hot griddle with butter. For each pancake, pour approximately 1/4 cup measure of the batter on the griddle and cook on both sides until light golden brown. Repeat until no batter remains. Top with desired garnishes and serve warm.
Adapted from Food Network.