Cherry Kolacky are a Christmas cookie staple at our house. They are tender and sweet and one of our favorites. Apricot fruit filling also is delicious in this recipe.
Cherry Kolacky Cookies
These Cherry Kolacky Cookies are a Christmas staple in our household
- 1 c. butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 can fruit filling Solo brand, we use either cherry or apricot
- powdered sugar + milk for a thin glaze
- Beat butter, cream cheese, milk and sugar. Beat in egg yolk. Stir flour and baking powder into butter mixture to make a stiff dough. Chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400-f degrees. Roll out dough 1/4″ thick. Cut into circles. Place on baking sheet 1″ apart. Make indentations and fill with 1 tsp. filling.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool. Glaze with a powdered sugar and milk frosting.
Recipe from Solo (It is on the back of the label of the can of cherry fruit filling as well)
Calories: 96kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 1gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 55mgPotassium: 29mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 218IUVitamin C: 0.4mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 0.4mg
Loved this recipe?Please consider leaving a 5 star rating and share your feedback in a comment below. Thank you!