Cherry Kolacky are a Christmas cookie staple at our house. They are tender and sweet and one of our favorites. Apricot fruit filling also is delicious in this recipe.
Cherry Kolacky Cookies
Servings: 48 cookies
These Cherry Kolacky Cookies are a Christmas staple in our household
- 1 c. butter softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 can fruit filling Solo brand, we use either cherry or apricot
- powdered sugar + milk for a thin glaze
- Beat butter, cream cheese, milk and sugar. Beat in egg yolk. Stir flour and baking powder into butter mixture to make a stiff dough. Chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400-f degrees. Roll out dough 1/4″ thick. Cut into circles. Place on baking sheet 1″ apart. Make indentations and fill with 1 tsp. filling.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool. Glaze with a powdered sugar and milk frosting.
Recipe from Solo (It is on the back of the label of the can of cherry fruit filling as well)
Calories: 96kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 1gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 55mgPotassium: 29mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 218IUVitamin C: 0.4mgCalcium: 12mgIron: 0.4mg
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for laterMention @jamhandsblog on Pinterest and let me know how it turned out!