Rice Krispies Treats have long been a favorite dessert of mine. They are classic and delicious, which begs the question, can they really be improved upon? Yes, yes they can.
The method is very simple – additional mini marshmallows are added in at the last moment which create pockets of delicious marshmallow goodness throughout. The recipe comes from one of my favorite blogs of all time, Cookies and Cups. Enjoy!
Perfect Rice Krispies Treats
Makes a 9×9-inch pan
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 8 cups, plus 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Krispie Cereal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large post over low heat melt butter. Once butter in melted add in 8 cups mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
- Once the marshmallows are just melted remove from heat and stir in your cereal and salt until just coated in marshmallow mixture. Now stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in evenly.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Best if served same day.
Recipe from Cookies and Cups.