Crispy, fresh iceberg lettuce is topped with a creamy, buttermilk gorgonzola salad dressing for this Northwoods Inn Copycat recipe.
My fondness for these Northwoods Inn copycat recipes continues to grow. This recipe in particular took some trial and error. You see, all of the identical recipes I searched up for a copycat recipe were way, way off. The consistency, the taste, everything about it made me think the person who originally posted it hadn’t tasted their own recipe.
That first round of recipe testing was a big dud for me, so I set out to find a delicious, basic gorgonzola cheese dressing instead.
A typical steak dinner at North Woods Inn consists of a large steak, green salad, red cabbage salad, and garlic cheese bread. Scroll down for links to these additional recipes!
Don’t forget the incredible Copycat Northwoods Inn Garlic Cheese Bread.
Or the deliciously sweet and tangy Copycat Northwoods Inn Red Cabbage Salad.
Copycat North Woods Inn Green Salad
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 oz package crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/8 tsp celery seed
- 1 head iceberg lettuce cleaned and roughly chopped
- optional: splash of milk if you want to thin the dressing
- Stir the buttermilk, mayonnaise, gorgonzola cheese, garlic powder, pepper, and celery seed together in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours before serving over cleaned, roughly chopped iceberg lettuce.
- If desired, you can thin the dressing with a splash of milk, mix well and then serve over the lettuce.