This tasty Barbecue Bacon Ranch Dip is the perfect appetizer for holiday parties. It is a twist on a classic ranch dip, adding barbecue sauce, cheese, tomatoes and lots of bacon. I used my favorite brand of barbecue sauce for this, Sweet Baby Ray's.
Be sure to go with a sturdy cracker like wheat thins for this dip as more tender crackers will break trying to scoop the cream cheese mixture. Enjoy!
Barbecue Bacon Ranch Dip
Makes 12+ servings
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 oz package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup quality BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's original flavor)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or cheddar blend)
- for serving: sturdy crackers such as wheat thins
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and dry ranch mix until well combined. Spread into a pie dish. Pour barbecue sauce evenly over cream cheese.
- Layer with most of the crumbled bacon, reserving some for garnish. Add most of the green onion, reserving some for garnish as well. Add diced tomato and cheese.
- Top with remaining bacon and green onion. Cover and let chill for flavors to come together. Allow dip to come to room temperature before serving.
Recipe adapted from Mostly Homemade Mom. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.