I mentioned on the past two Recipe Sharing Monday parties that I was going to start making recipes that had been submitted. For the very first feature, I made a tasty recipe that was linked up by Mostly Homemade Mom for Recipe Sharing Monday #51.
One thing that I liked about this recipe is that it used up some ingredients that I already had on hand. Those crushed tortilla chips at the bottom of the bag that nobody eats? Some salsa left in the fridge? Maybe a variety of shredded cheeses? All of these are used in the topping.
Many thanks to Kelly for sharing this delicious dinner recipe at the party. Please check out her blog for more recipes, she has a ton.
Chips & Salsa Chicken Bake
Makes 4 servings
- Rub ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Chicken bake ingredients:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, mix together rub ingredients. Place chicken breasts on a foil lined cookie sheet and rub about 1/2 tablespoon onto both sides of each chicken breast. Use more or less depending on how large your chicken pieces are, just make sure they're coated all the way around.
- Bake at 350-f for 25 minutes, or until juices run clear. Extra large chicken breasts, or bone in chicken breasts will take a few minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and top chicken with 1/4 cup salsa, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup tortilla chips, and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe from Mostly Homemade Mom.