One of the features from Recipe Sharing Monday this Monday were these Pineapple BBQ Jalapeño Poppers from Jo and Sue. I made them and HOLY COW, they are delicious! The flavors are fantastic together. Many thanks to Jo and Sue for this recipe.
I would highly suggest picking up some food prep gloves to prepare the jalapenos. The burning sensation can linger for hours on your fingers and you definitely don't want to accidentally touch your eyes on accident. Be careful.
Pineapple Jalapeño Poppers
Makes about 8 servings
- 12 jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise & seeded
- 1 (8 oz) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 pkg bacon
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350, line cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside. Line up the sliced and seeded jalapenos on the prepared cookie sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and garlic & onion powder until well mixed.
3. Spoon into each half of the jalapenos. Place 2 pineapple tidbits on top of each jalapeno half.
4. Cut each slice of bacon into thirds. Place a third of bacon on top of the pineapple.
5. Using a basting brush, brush some of the BBQ sauce on each piece of bacon.
6. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Turn oven to broil and continue to cook until bacon is crisp, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm.
Recipe from Jo and Sue. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.