Many thanks to Stella B's Kitchen for this recipe. It is outstanding. Fresh crunchy vegetables with a creamy sauce on top, then garnished with even more veggies, bacon and cheese. My only change was that I added a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese on top for a bit of extra flavor. Enjoy!
Seven Layer Salad
Makes an 8" x 8" pan
- 1 head 'hearts of romaine' Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper, whatever color you prefer
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice, up to 1 Tbsp to thin dressing if desired
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 thick slices bacon, cooked, chopped
1. Clean and chop lettuce in bite size pieces. Place in serving dish. Sprinkle with pepper and onion.
2. In a bowl, mix mayo, sour cream, pepper, sugar and lemon juice.
3. Pour dressing on lettuce. Spread evenly over lettuce. Top with peas, cheese and bacon.
4. Cover and refrigerate a few hours before serving. Will keep up to two days in the refrigerator.
Recipe from Stella B's Kitchen. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.