Confession time. I snarfed way too many of these. They are addicting and you have been warned. Many thanks to Clawson Live for this recipe. I also have this recipe posted over at Momspark so please visit and check out all the awesome articles over there. Happy weekend!
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Makes many servings
- 3 cans whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1 lb. package of bacon
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- squirt of mustard
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- vinegar splash
1. Preheat oven to 375-f degrees. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Cut the bacon into thirds. If you have a sharp knife, just slice through the packaging. Wrap each piece of cut bacon around a water chestnut and secure with a toothpick. Put in prepared baking dish. Continue until all the water chestnuts are wrapped in bacon and are in your baking dish.
3. In a bowl, combine the remaining sauce ingredients and stir well. Pour over the bacon wrapped water chestnuts.
4. Bake for 30-45 minutes. Ovens vary so check them at 30 minutes to be safe. Mine required 45 minutes of baking for the bacon to be cooked through.
Recipe from Clawson Live