Oh My Goodness! This is seriously so good. My picture didn't do it justice but please take my word on it. Layer some of your favorite tortilla chips, in my case we used baked cheddar tortilla chips, and layer it with rice, lots of tasty add ins and the most delicious and flavorful sauce ever. You have got to try this one!
The original recipe used a crock pot for this. I am not a fan of using a crock pot so I just cooked it on the stove top. I prefer this because chicken has a tendency to get a weird texture to it when it sits in a crock pot all day long. Also a plus is that it is done and ready to eat much more quickly.
Makes several servings
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks or slices
- 2 cans beans, your choice, rinsed and drained (I used white beans)
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes (I used fresh chopped tomatoes)
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 package dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Fresh Cilantro
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Rice, prepared
1. If you haven't already, season and cook the chicken breasts. Cut into chunks or strips. Set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, combine the minced garlic, dry ranch mix, cream cheese, milk, water, sour cream, cumin, bouillon, pepper, and garlic salt. Use a whisk to combine it thoroughly. After heated through, add the chicken, beans, green chilies, and corn. Stir.
3. On the plate, lay down a later of chips then a layer of rice. Top with the chicken and sauce mixture. Add tomatoes, cheese, and cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe slightly adapted from Our Family Treat