Apple Pie Donuts
Makes 10-12 donuts
- 1½ cups plain flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon mixed spice
- 9 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup canned pie apple, mashed
- ½ cup canned milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Powdered sugar glaze (Use about 1 to 2 cups of powdered sugar and a few teaspoons of milk to thin it)
1. Preheat Donut machine. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the
center. Whisk in the butter, apple, milk and egg until mixture forms a smooth batter.
2. Spray machine with cooking oil. Fill bases of preheated donut rings with half of the batter.
Close lid and cook for 6 minutes or until donuts are golden and cooked. Use a non-stick
spatula to transfer donuts to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter to make 10 donuts
in total. Garnish with extra apple pie filling and a simple powdered sugar glaze.
Recipe from Sunbeam