A simple and comforting chicken dinner made in a flash using canned crescent rolls. Use your favorite frozen vegetable blend and a can of cream of chicken soup.
Chicken casseroles are classic comforting dinners. This particular recipe only uses 6 ingredients, making it fuss free and easy to put together. Crescent rolls top it all off for a buttery top crust.
Looking for more chicken recipes?
- Creamy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Hot Chicken Salad Casserole
- Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Braid
- Smothered Chicken Casserole
Creamy Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 10 ounce can cream of chicken soup with herbs (regular cream of chicken is fine too)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 oz. pkg. frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots blend veggies
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350-f. In a lightly greased 9×13″ pan, unroll and lay flat one package of crescent rolls, pinching the seams shut.
- In a mixing bowl combine the soup, softened cream cheese, and sour cream. Mix well.
- Microwave or steam the bag of frozen vegetables as directed on the package. Drain well. Add the cooked vegetables to the soup mixture, along with the shredded chicken. Mix well. Add pepper to taste.
- Spread over the crescent layer evenly. Unroll the 2nd package of crescent rolls. Separate the triangular pieces and place loosely over the top of the casserole, being sure not to crimp the edges together.
- Bake at 350-f for 35 to 45 minutes, until the crescents are completely cooked through. Check at 35 minutes to see if you need to add foil to the top to prevent the crescents from getting too brown.