A simple and easy comforting chicken dinner. Canned crescent rolls make this easy and quick to put together.
Creamy Chicken Crescent Bake
Makes a 9×13″ pan, about 6-8 servings
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 can (10 oz.) cream of chicken soup with herbs (regular is fine too)
- 1 block (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 oz. pkg. frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots blend
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350-f. In an un-greased 9×13″ pan, unroll and lay flat one package of crescent rolls, pinching the seams shut.
- In a mixing bowl combine the soup, softened cream cheese, and sour cream. Mix well.
- Microwave or steam the bag of frozen vegetables as directed on the package. Add the cooked vegetables to the soup mixture, along with the shredded chicken. Mix well. Add pepper to taste.
- Spread over the crescent layer evenly. Unroll the 2nd package of crescent rolls. Separate the triangular pieces and place loosely over the top of the casserole, being sure not to crimp the edges together.
- Bake at 350-f for 35 to 45 minutes, until the crescents are completely cooked through. Check at 35 minutes to see if you need to add foil to the top to prevent the crescents from getting too brown.
Notes: This recipe is best served the same day you bake it. Crescent rolls don’t hold up very well in the fridge. Leftovers keep for about a day in the fridge, so eat this up quickly.