Amish Meatloaf is perfectly sweet and tender with the added bonus of being quick and easy to make. Serve alongside your favorite roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes for a comforting meal.
I can’t rave enough about this Amish Meatloaf recipe. It is outstanding and has been a family favorite for many years.
Amish Meatloaf definitely leans towards the sweeter side as far as meatloaves go, owing to some brown sugar in the meat mixture itself, as well as the ketchup topping. I like to offset that sweetness by having green vegetables and mashed potatoes on the side.
Amish Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Meatloaf Glaze:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup optional, it makes the glaze a little sticky, but you can leave it out if you want
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, crushed crackers, onion, eggs, 3/4 cup ketchup, and 1/4 cup brown sugar until blended. Using a buttered baking dish, mound meat mixture into a loaf shape.
- Bake for 1 hour in the pre-heated oven, or until cooked through. Add the ketchup glaze half way through cooking.