These delightful cookies are a staple for many families cookie platters. They are pretty little cookies rolled in powdered sugar. Basic, but delicious.
I prefer these cookies with no nuts. They are probably my favorite holiday cookie. Even though they only have a few ingredients, the texture and taste is outstanding.
Makes about 4 dozen 1″ cookies
Print Friendly Recipes
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. finely chopped nuts (I skip)
- Mix butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly. Stir flour and salt together; blend in. Mix in nuts. Chill dough.
- Heat oven to 400-f. Roll dough in 1″ balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Baked 10 to 12 minutes, or until set but not browned. While still warm, roll in confectioners’ sugar. Cool. Roll in sugar again.
Recipe from Betty Crocker’s Cooky Book