The flavor combination of cherry and Amaretto are a classic pairing. I just had to try these Cherry Amaretto Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are buttery, sweet and delicious!
The flavors of cherry and Amaretto are some of my all time favorites, so I knew I had to make these.
Note: The chopped cherries can be soaked in a splash of Amaretto before adding to the cookies, if desired.
Cherry Amaretto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Small Cookie Scoop (1 Tbsp.)
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper Sheets
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 Tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- 1 Tbsp Amaretto
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries Chop into halves or small pieces, whichever you prefer. Optional: soak cherries in a splash of Amaretto before adding to cookies
- Preheat oven to 350-F degrees.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat the softened butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, Amaretto, almond extract, and maraschino cherry juice. Mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, spoon onto parchment lined baking sheet. Top each cookie with a few chopped cherry pieces. (I opted for halves)
- Bake for 8-10 until just barely done. Remove from oven to cool on baking sheet briefly before transferring to a baking rack to cool. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Store in a covered Tupperware at room temperature.