Fluff fruit salads are a holiday and potluck staple loved by many. I tweaked a recipe to create this super light and delicious Cherry Fluff, using half of the traditional amount of cottage cheese than usual.
The result is a soft and light dessert with endless variations depending on what flavor Jell-O you choose and what fruit you put on top.
I don’t mind cottage cheese in this style of dessert, but I did reduce the overall amount by half, using one cup instead of two. I felt that this kept the fluff nice and light and not too ‘chewy.’
I was extremely pleased with both the taste and texture of this dessert. My mind is imagining all sorts of other Jell-O flavors and fruits to use to make variations.
Recommended Fluff Recipes
Pink Cherry Jell-O Fluff
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 8 oz. Cool Whip *see notes for alternative substitution
- 3 oz. box cherry Jell-O I used regular, supposedly you can also use sugar free, although I haven't tried it
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple drained
- 10 ounce jar Maraschino cherries drained and stems discarded
- Combine all of the ingredients except the cherries into a large bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Slice all of the cherries in half. Add half to the pink fluff and stir them in, reserving the other half for garnish. Top the fluff with the rest of the cherry halves and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Penny Pincher Jenny.