Buttery, crisp and delicious. It is hard to go wrong with the classic Spritz Cookie, recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker.
The original recipe notes that you can use either almond or vanilla for flavoring, but we only use vanilla, as the almond can be overpowering.
Decorate with cherries, colored sugar and the like. We also decorated with Very Very Strawberry Flavored Sugar from King Arthur Flour which tasted fantastic. So festive and pretty. Enjoy!
Recommended Holiday Cookie Recipes
Betty Crocker Classic Spritz Cookies
- Parchment Paper Sheets
- Baking Sheet
- Cookie Press
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- food coloring if using
- colored sanding sugar for garnish
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, salt, egg, vanilla and a few drops of food color (if using).
- Place dough in cookie press. Form desired shapes on parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with colored sanding sugar before baking.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Recipe from Betty Crocker.