I have a recipe today that is going straight to my list of favorite recipes of 2015. Tender, roasted and seasoned potatoes served hot with a creamy gorgonzola sauce on top. My mom saw a similar recipe online, not sure where exactly but she came up with this recipe and it is fantastic. Simple and amazingly delicious. Enjoy!
Rocky Mountain Gorgonzola Potatoes
Makes about 6 servings
For the potatoes:
- 3 pounds Idaho potatoes, washed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 vidalia onion, dice into 1″ pieces
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, or enough to coat the potatoes liberally
- Penzeys Rocky Mountain Seasoning (Alternatively use a mix of salt, pepper, onion powder and Parmesan cheese– but the seasoning mix from Penzeys is the best choice.)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Toss the potato pieces, onion, vegetable oil and seasoning together. Spread evenly on a parchment lined pan. Roast the potatoes at 400-f degrees until brown on edges and cooked through.
For the gorgonzola sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2-3 Tbsp. milk (amount varies, you want the sauce thick but pourable)
- 1/3 c. gorgonzola crumbles
- Mix the mayo and milk with a whisk into a thick, pourable consistency. Stir in the gorgonzola. Spoon over hot potatoes.
Recipe by Jam Hands.