A crunchy, tangy and sweet side dish that is a perfect side dish for hot weather. Enjoy!
Pickled Cucumber Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 small Kirby cucumbers, sliced (5 cups)
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced in rings
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring the vinegar, sugar, celery seeds, vegetable oil and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool, about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced cucumbers, onion and bell pepper with the liquid mixture and refrigerate overnight. Serve cold.
Recipe from Food Network Magazine and Trisha Yearwood.