Cinco de Mayo | Recipes | Sides | Vegetables
I have big thanks to give Lil’ Luna for posting her recipe for Spanish Rice. We have made it a few times in the past few weeks. It is easy and tastes great.
Makes 8-10 servings
- 2 cups rice long grain
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 stems cilantro (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 cups water
- 1 chicken flavored bouillon cube
- dash of cumin
- dash of garlic pepper
- Heat oil in large frying pan on medium heat.
- Add rice and cook until golden brown.
- Add 1 chicken flavored bouillon cube to 4 cups water and microwave for 3 minutes.
- When rice is brown, add water, tomato sauce, salt, garlic, cumin and garlic pepper to pan.
- Stir and cover pan. Let simmer for 40 minutes. to an hour. (At my high elevation of 5000ft it was done at about 35-40 minutes. I also had to add a bit more liquid.)
Recipe from Lil’ Luna. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.
This looks yummy
That seems like quite a bit of oil is 3/4 cup correct?
Yes it is right. It makes a HUGE amount of rice, though. What is pictured in the bowl is just a small of the total amount. This was the first time I've made this type of rice so I am not an expert, so I would suggest heading over to Lil' Luna and contacting her if you are wondering if you can reduce the oil amount.