A few weeks ago I made this delicious dinner recipe from Lori’s Culinary Creations. My one change was that I didn’t add any bacon to the sauce. If you want bacon I would recommend giving a sprinkle of it over the top once it is plated so it stays firm and crispy. Many thanks to Lori for this recipe!
Jalapeño Popper Chicken
Makes 2-4 servings, depending on the size of the chicken breasts
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise
- 1 1/2 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup chive & onion flavored cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (Plus a small amount for garnish)
1. Put the egg and corn meal in two different coating trays. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg, then into the corn meal.
2. Place the chicken in the skillet with a small amount of cooking oil and cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crust is crispy and chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
3. In a skillet with a small amount of cooking oil, add the jalapenos and saute until soft. Add the chicken broth, garlic, both cream cheeses and stir until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese and blend until melted. Plate the dish and garnish with a small amount of shredded cheddar if desired.