I made two fancy meals today. The first which I am posting about this evening is this Chilean Sea Bass. The second which will come shortly is a fantastic Filet Mignon. Yum yum yum.
I got an opportunity to sample these goodies from Certified Steak & Seafood Company. I haven’t cooked a ton of Sea Bass before but it ended up to be pretty simple. The quality of the fillets I got was fantastic. I have to say I haven’t made a dinner that I enjoyed this much in quite some time.
Onto the recipe! For the sea bass I thought going the citrus route would compliment it well, and I was right. I reduced an orange mango juice blend down to almost nothing so the flavors were very potent, then added butter and whisked it in to create a velvety smooth sauce. Delicious.
Chilean Sea Bass with Orange Mango White Wine Reduction
Makes 4 servings
- 4 sea bass fillets
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp. vegetable oil for sauteeing
- Orange Mango sauce (see below)
- sliced green onions for garnish
To prepare Sea Bass:
1. Season fish with salt and white pepper. In a oven proof saute pan over medium high heat, add oil and saute fish about 1 minute per side, just long enough to lightly brown each side. Transfer pan to a 400-f degree oven. Cook for 13-15 minutes until cooked through. Set aside and prepare sauce.
Orange Mango White Wine Reduction
- 3/4 cup Simply Orange Mango juice blend
- zest of half of one orange
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tsp. minced shallots
- 1 stick unsalted butter
1. Zest half of one orange (about 2 tsp.) Add the juice, zest, white wine and shallots to a sauce pan on medium high heat. Cook until it is syrupy and reduced to almost nothing, stirring occasionally.
2. On low heat, add in the butter 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking vigorously. Whisk continuously to achieve a silky texture. Do not let sauce boil.
To serve: Drizzle orange sauce over the bottom of the plate. Add sea bass and rice on the side. Drizzle more sauce on top of fillet. Garnish with sliced green onions.
This sponsorship is brought to you by Certified Steak & Seafood Company who we have partnered with for this promotion.