I felt like trying out a silly little recipe this evening, so corndog muffins it was! I made a few changes. First I cut the recipe in half, only using 1 small package of corn muffin mix and 4 hot dogs. Second, I cut the hot dogs into small pieces.
Note: I used cupcake liners, sprayed with Pam, which was a mistake. Use a good non-stick muffin pan instead.
You can serve these with a little yellow mustard or ketchup if you’d prefer. Enjoy!
Makes 18 muffins
- 2 (8.5 ounce) packages cornbread mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 9 hot dogs, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin tins.
2. Stir together the cornbread mix and the brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Fold the eggs and cheese into the dry mixture until moistened. Spoon mixture into muffin tins until 2/3 full. Add 1 hot dog half to each muffin.
3. Bake in a preheated oven 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.