Normally I am not a bean eater. I have texture issues with them. That being said, I loved this. Sweet, savory and smoky. I am not certain what combo of beans I used, I think I substituted 2 cans white beans for the kidney beans and pork and beans. Just use whatever beans you like.
This soup was to die for when paired with Cornbread Supreme. In fact, there is no way I’d make this dish without also making a batch of Cornbread Supreme. I was eating leftovers of both for a few days it was so good!
Note: when I was given the recipe a temperature was not indicated for the oven. I would say anything from 350-425 should be fine. Really, you are just heating everything through, so there is some leeway.
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cut into pieces
- 1/2 large onion, chopped and cooked
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1 can white beans
- 1 large can Bush’s Homestyle Baked Beans
- 1 can butter beans (do not drain)
1. Preheat oven to 375-f degrees. Cook onion and bacon in a skillet, then add all other ingredients together and mix in a large roaster. Bake for 40 minutes.
Recipe from a friend.