This beer bread comes together quickly with no kneading required. The beer gives it a slight sweetness and a great flavor.
Makes 6-8 Servings
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using Self-Rising Flour)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1/4 cup will work, but I use 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375-f degrees. Prepare a bread loaf pan or 8″ square pan.
- Mix dry ingredients first, combining them thoroughly before adding beer. (A whisk works great for this part). Add beer, then stir with a spoon until combined.
- Add a small amount of melted butter to bottom of pan. Pour batter into loaf pan. Pour melted butter over mixture. Be sure to put an extra pan or some foil beneath your bread as the butter might overflow.
- Bake 1 hour for a bread loaf pan. If you use a 8″ square pan check it around 45 min. and every 5 min then on until done. Remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.
Recipe source was lost. I will update if found.