This basic beer bread comes together quickly with no kneading required. The beer gives it a slight sweetness and a great flavor.
Beer bread is one of the easiest breads out there to make. You’ve got a slight sweetness from the beer and sugar with a nice buttery taste. Serve with butter or plain.
Basic Beer Bread
- 9″x5″ Loaf Pan
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 ounces beer
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375-f degrees. Prepare a bread loaf pan or 8″ square pan.
- Mix dry ingredients first, combining them thoroughly before adding beer. (A whisk works great for this part). Add beer, then stir with a spoon until combined.
- Add a small amount of melted butter to bottom of pan. Pour batter into loaf pan. Pour melted butter over mixture. Be sure to put an extra pan or some foil beneath your bread as the butter might overflow.
- Bake 1 hour for a bread loaf pan. If you use a 8″ square pan check it around 45 min. and every 5 min then on until done. Remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes.