For the last food post of 2016 we have these sweet little eggnog truffles. They are perfect for giving away to friends and family who love the flavor of eggnog.
They are very sweet, to be sure, but for those in your life that have a major sweet tooth, I think they will love them. Enjoy!
Makes 3-4 dozen, amounts will vary according to how large or small you make them
Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp rum flavoring
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff (For easy and cleaner measuring, use a spoon dipped in very hot water, shake it off, then scoop out the product. Repeat as needed)
- 3 cups white chocolate morsels
- 2-16oz pkgs vanilla candy coating
- 1 Tbsp nutmeg, for garnish
- In large pot, bring sugar, eggnog and butter to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes (rolling boil). Remove from heat and mix in rum flavoring and 1 tsp nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl. Add in marshmallow cream and white chocolate morsels. Blend until completely melted and incorporated (took about 1 1/2-2 minutes). Pour into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- When set, remove by lifting parchment out of pan and lay on cutting board. Cut into bite size pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and return to cookie sheet. When all truffles have been rolled, put in freezer for one hour.
- Melt vanilla candy coating (according to package directions) and put in a deep glass or bowl. Note: I would recommend taking out only half of the chilled truffles to start so the second batch doesn't get too warm and break little pieces into the melted candy coating, which can cause it to clump up.
- Using a toothpick, dip each truffle into melted chocolate, tapping the excess off. Set onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle with a tiny pinch of nutmeg. Repeat for remaining truffles. Allow to set about half an hour in refrigerator.
Recipe from Shugary Sweets.