My gosh you guys, this Cheesy Bacon Corn Casserole was good! Rich, delicious and it has this wonderful hint of cayenne that warms your mouth. I had to take a last minute picture of it at dinner time because I didn't want you guys to miss out on this recipe. It also fits in really well with our theme, Mardi Gras Month.
If you are less than thrilled about where you buy your canned vegetables, Costco sells a nice quality canned corn that is perfect for this recipe.
Cheesy, buttery with a mix of sweet and spicy. This is comfort food, pure and simple. Enjoy!
Cheesy Bacon Corn Casserole
Makes 8-10 servings
- 4 (15 oz.) cans corn, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 pieces bacon (about 1/2 cup), cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onions
- Add half of the corn (about 2 cups), eggs, flour, sugar, cayenne and melted butter to a food processor and pulse 3-4 times to mix well and cream corn.
- Pour mixture into a medium bowl. Add remaining corn, all of the cheese, bacon and chives and stir well. Pour mixture into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 325-f degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges.
Recipe adapted from South Your Mouth.