This delicious Mardi Gras Pasta is packed with shrimp, andouille sausage, vegetables and coated with a rich cream sauce.
Plenty of delicious Cajun flavors are combined to make this hearty Shrimp Mardi Gras Pasta. Shrimp, Andouille sausage, saluted veggies and a white wine cream sauce are tossed with fettucine.
Mardi Gras is one of my favorite holidays to cook for and I’ve collected a wide variety of recipes to check out here if you are interested.
This recipe makes 6-8 generous servings and reheats well. Sprinkle Parmesan on top for a garnish for an extra bit of flavor.
In the photographs my shrimp were cut up into small pieces, but I would recommend keeping your shrimp whole, minus any shells, obviously. If you cut the shrimp into small pieces they will become tough, so keep those suckers whole. Rich and so delicious. Enjoy!
Shrimp Mardi Gras Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound whole raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large link spicy andouille sausage sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun/Creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 whole red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons green onions chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced roma tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- for garnish: chopped green onions and Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain when pasta is still al dente. While the pasta is cooking, continue with the following steps.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the olive oil, shrimp, andouille sausage and Cajun seasoning. Cook until the shrimp turns pink, about 90 seconds per side, flipping half way through. Set aside in the bowl and use the same pan for the next step.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the butter, bell peppers, green onions and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and tomatoes, cook for 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Use the same pan for the next step.
- Turn heat up to high. Add the chicken broth, wine and lemon juice. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn heat to low and add the cream, stirring constantly. Cook for several minutes to thicken. Add back the cooked shrimp and vegetables and stir well to combine. Cook for 2 minutes to heat everything through. Taste for seasoning. Toss with hot pasta and garnish with chopped green onions and if desired, grated Parmesan cheese.
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman.