We've tried a bunch of potato salads but nothing comes close to our family favorite recipe for Sweet Pickle & Bacon Potato Salad. My mom makes this as a side dish to grilled brats. It is the perfect barbecue side dish. Enjoy!
Sweet Pickle & Bacon Potato Salad
Makes a large dish, about 8-10 servings
- 3 lbs. red potatoes, diced into 1/2" pieces (We have also used regular baking potatoes as pictured above and they turn out well too.)
- 12 oz. pkg. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1/2 c. mayo (This amount is flexible. We might've added a bit more. Use more if you like, or less.)
- 1/2 c. sweet pickles, diced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- Boil the diced potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain and let cool. This can take up to an hour. Add the remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine. Chill for a few hours to let the flavor develop.
Suggestion from Mom: For a party, slice a few more hard boiled eggs and lay on top of the prepared potato salad. Sprinkle with paprika.
Recipe by Jam Hands.