One thing that I love about this recipe is that it is flexible. If you have extra Swiss cheese and prefer it to be extra cheesy, toss it in. Extra pastrami? Go for it. I adapted a recipe from I Wash You Dry for my dip, cutting down the cream cheese from 2 block to 1 since we are not feeding a huge crowd here.
Hot Reuben Sandwich Dip
Makes about 8 servings
- 1 (8 oz) package of Cream Cheese, room temp
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 2/3 cup thousand island dressing
- 1/2 pound deli pastrami, cut into little pieces
- 1/2 pound Swiss Cheese, shredded
- 1 loaf Cocktail Pumpernickel Bread
- olive oil for brushing bread
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 415-F degrees.
- Lay out bread in an even layer on a foil lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil, then sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 10 minutes or until nice and crisp. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile combine cream cheese, sauerkraut, thousand island dressing, pastrami, and Swiss cheese in a large bowl and mix.
- Pour mixture in an oven safe dish and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir the mixture then return to oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the middle is bubbly.
- Serve warm with the toasted bread.
Recipe adapted from I Wash You Dry. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.