It may be a rainy month here up north, but I have grilling fever! One recipe I tried recently was for a Blueberry BBQ Sauce. It is a shortcut recipe, utilizing our favorite brand of BBQ sauce, Sweet Baby Ray's. I got this recipe from a great blog, Happier Than A Pig In Mud.
Notes: I felt that this sauce would be better if it was processed a bit to incorporate the blueberries and jalapenos more. I tried to burst as many blueberries as possible but it just wasn't as good as putting this in a food processor for a few pulses. Additionally, it was hard to detect any heat, so I would increase the amount of jalapeno next time around.
Blueberry Jalapeno Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
Makes about 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- 1 C Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 C onion, finely diced
- 1/4 C jalapeno, finely diced
- 4 tsp butter
- 1 C blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In small sauce pan over low heat slowly cook the onion and jalapeno in butter until softened.
- Add blueberries and crush them. Gently heat the berries until they give off juice.
- Add BBQ sauce and cook until it's nice and thick.
Recipe from Happier Than A Pig In Mud. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.