A quick and tasty appetizer. It is good with chips or crackers but fritos tend to hold up the best since they are extra thick. If you would like it to be heavy on the corn, go ahead and add a second can. Many thanks to Sweet Little Bluebird for the original recipe which I adapted slightly.
Fiesta Corn Salsa
Makes several cups
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise (regular or light)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Sour Cream (regular or light)
- 1 small bunch Green Onions, chopped (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1 small bunch Cilantro, chopped (I used about 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Optional: chopped jalapenos
1. Mix all of the ingredients together. Chill in fridge for several hours. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or Fritos.
Adapted from Sweet Little Bluebird.