I love cheese balls. They always seem so retro and comforting. I have noticed recipes here are there that had a combination of pineapple and green bell pepper pieces and I was intrigued.
For Thanksgiving I made a recipe found at Snack Cups and Smiles. Angie notes that she makes this as a spread and omits the nuts, which I imagine is just as good. I think adding some freshly shredded cheddar would be a tasty addition. Enjoy!
Pineapple Cheese Ball
Makes one large cheese ball
- 2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple, drained (after draining pat with a paper towel to absorb excess juices)
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped green bell pepper (you can add more or less)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- crackers for serving
1. Combine the cream cheese, drained pineapple and bell peppers. Mix well. Form the mixture into a ball. Cover with cling wrap and chill it for several hours. After it is chilled, roll the cheese ball over the chopped pecans. Gently pat the pecans all over the cheese ball so it is entirely covered. Serve with crackers.
Recipe from Snack Cups and Smiles.