A while back I came across a recipe at The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife for Frito Taco Pie. I was intrigued by her recipe and wanted to make something similar. I came up with this Chili Frito Crescent Pie which turned out delicious. If you like onions I would add diced raw onions before serving. Enjoy!
Makes one 9" pie
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can chili (Wolf Brand is our favorite) (I used a deep dish pie plate. If you are using a regular pie plate you may want to reduce it to half or 3/4 can of chili)
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed corn chips
- Heat oven to 400-f.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain and return to the pan. Add the chili. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Separate the crescent rolls into triangles and lay them in a greased 9" pie dish, placing the points toward the center of the dish. Press the seams together to seal, forming the crust.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the crushed corn chips onto the crust. Spoon meat mix over the top of the corn chips, spreading evenly.
- Stir sour cream until smooth, then spread over meat. Top with shredded cheese and the remaining 1 cup of crushed corn chips.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.