Garlic Shrimp & Cheesy Grits
Makes about 4 servings
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup stone-ground grits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 slices bacon, crumbled
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
1. Bring water to a boil. Stir in a teaspoon of salt.. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
2. Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned; drain well. In grease, add shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic. Saute for 3 more minutes.
3. Spoon grits into a serving bowl. Add shrimp mixture. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Mrs. Happy Homemaker. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.