Have you guys tried Gooey Bars? The jist of them is that you take whatever flavor of cake mix you like and make these ooey gooey bars with it. I noticed that my local grocery store had a few new flavors of cake mixes, like key lime, pink lemonade and creamsicle so I wanted to try at least one of them out. Since St. Patrick's Day is so close I went with key lime. It is delicious, sweet and sour from the key lime. Enjoy!
Key Lime Gooey Bars
Makes a 9"x13" pan
- 1 (18 ounce) package key lime cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
1. Mix cake mix, melted butter and one egg. Pat into 13x9 inch pan.
2. In a separate bowl beat cheese until fluffy. Add 2 remaining eggs to cheese and mix well. Add powdered sugar and beat until lumps are gone. Pour this mixture over cake in pan.
3. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until topping is golden. Allow to cool somewhat to set topping (slides off when warm).
Recipe from Food.com. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.