A new day, a new St. Patrick’s Day Treat! I know I mentioned this on the St. Patrick’s Day Recipe & Craft Linkup, but a lot of the time we associate holidays with non traditional foods. For St. Patrick’s Day you can get away with pretty much anything as long as it has a lot of green, or maybe flavors of mint or lime.
I colored the marshmallows in these Lucky Charm Treats just to give them a hint of green, but that is optional. I found this recipe at The Sweets Life, and it turned out adorable and tasty.
One tip that I have done for years when making rice krispies treats is to use a 9×9 or 8×8 pan, instead of the traditional 9×13. I like big ol’ chunky rice krispies treats so the smaller pans work perfectly to achieve that.
To make them extra cute, reserve about 1/2 cup of the Luck Charms marshmallows to decorate the top with. Many thanks to The Sweets Life for this recipe. Enjoy!
Lucky Charms Treats
Makes 9 large squares
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- for garnish: reserve about 1/2 cup of Lucky Charms marshmallows
- optional: green food coloring
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.
2. Once melted, pour in cereal and mix until well-coated. (If using food coloring, add it to the melted marshmallows and stir well before adding the cereal)
3. Press cereal mixture into a greased 9 x 9 pan. Sprinkle with reserved Lucky Charms marshmallows.
4. Once set, cut into 12 squares and serve.