Cassie Craves Week continues! I'm glad Cassie is such a good sport and doesn't mind that I am posting a bunch of her recipes from her blog. You might have noticed I really, really like her recipes. Next up is this Ranch Macaroni and Cheese. Made from scratch and the definition of comfort food: cheesy, carby goodness.
My only change was that I toasted the crushed Ritz crackers with butter in a pan and added them to the top of the macaroni as opposed to stirring it in when the cheese sauce is added. This recipe makes a ton so if you are worried about too many leftovers, you might want to cut the amounts in half. Enjoy!
Ranch Macaroni and Cheese
Makes about 8-10 servings
- 1 pound macaroni
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (Freshly shredded is preferred and the texture is much better)
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese (Freshly shredded is preferred and the texture is much better)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the milk, butter, dressing mix, garlic powder and salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in Monterey Jack and Colby cheeses until melted. Stir in sour cream.
2. Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce with the Ritz crackers. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe from Cassie Craves. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.