Makes about 4 dozen 1" cookies
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. finely chopped nuts
1. Mix butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly. Stir flour and salt together; blend in. Mix in nuts. Chill dough.
2. Heat oven to 400-f. Roll dough in 1" balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Baked 10 to 12 minutes, or until set but not browned. While still warm, roll in confectioners' sugar. Cool. Roll in sugar again.
Recipe from Betty Crocker's Cooky Book