Howdy folks! Before I forget, Recipe Sharing Monday will be up shortly so please check back in a bit for that. Alright, back to Tortellini Pasta Salad. A great thing about a pasta salad like this is you can customize it endlessly to fit your tastes.
Start with picking out a dressing and go from there. Maybe you want to stick with a classic like Italian or Caesar, or perhaps something more unique like a sweet basil or a Parmesan peppercorn dressing. Once you pick your dressing, add in chopped vegetables, cheese and meats. I'd love to hear what you like to add to your pasta salads, so please leave a comment. Enjoy!
Tortellini Pasta Salad
Makes about 12 servings
- 1 pkg fresh tortellini pasta, boiled until tender (follow package directions)
- 1/2 cup ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup olives, green or black
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion (or chop them however you prefer)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Pepperochini peppers, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese, cut into squares
- 1/2 cup salami or pepperoni, diced
- 1/2 cup dressing of your choice (Italian, Parmesan Peppercorn, Caesar or a Sweet Basil dressing)
1. Cook tortellini and set aside. (I rinse my pasta very briefly with cold water to stop it from cooking).
2. Prepare remaining ingredients. Combine all in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate a few hours to let the flavors combine. Serve cold.