Apple Week is coming to an end today and I've got a sweet and unique dessert for you to try. Refreshing Apple Tapioca Pudding. Some of you may be giving me skeptical looks right now, but trust me, it really is delicious. Using applesauce is the shortcut here and you could even get creative with your flavors if you used a strawberry or other fruit flavored applesauce instead of regular sweetened applesauce.
Refreshing Apple Tapioca Pudding
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup sweetened applesauce
- garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon
1. Put the 6 first ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Cook at medium heat, stirring constantly, about 15 minutes or until it thickens. (Note: I only had to cook my tapioca for about 2 minutes before it was completely thickened. I'm not sure if this was a difference in styles of tapioca, but be sure to watch yours and use your best judgement for cooking time). Let cool to room temperature.
2. Add the applesauce and whisk.
3. Put in indivudual dessert dishes and put in the fridge at least 2 hours.
4. Serve cold with whipped cream and cinnamon on top.
Note: It's important to stir constantly if you don't want your tapioca to stick together.
Recipe from Food.com