Cherry Topped Coconut Macaroons are one of my all time favorite Christmas treats. The traditional Eagle Brand recipe is used, with one change- no almond extract. In such a small treat I find the almond overpowering, and this is coming from an almond lover.
Chewy, moist, lots of delicious flavors. Enjoy!
Cherry Topped Coconut Macaroons
Makes about 4 dozen
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 (14 oz.) package (5 1/3 cups) flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with foil. Spray foil with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg white, coconut and vanilla in large bowl; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Top each cookies with a whole cherry. (I got about 3 dozen since I used more like heaping teaspoonfuls.)
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire rack. Macaroons will stick if allowed to cool on baking sheet.