A beautifully vibrant salad that will go perfectly with picnics and barbeques during the hot Summer season.
Makes 6 servings
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 10 -ounce package frozen lima beans, thawed
- 3 cups corn kernels (from about 4 ears)
- 1 small avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 10 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and lima beans and cook until the green beans are bright green and the lima beans have softened slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water to cool. Cut the green beans into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans, lima beans, corn, avocado, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and basil. In a separate bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, honey, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add the vinaigrette to the salad and toss to coat.
Recipe from The Food Network Magazine and Katie Lee.