This beautiful, deeply purple punch is made with grape juice, ginger ale, cherries and pineapple.
For my Mardi Gras party I was looking for a dark purple punch that would compliment the traditional mardi gras colors of purple, yellow and green.
I call this delicious drink “chunky” punch as it contains crushed pineapple and cherries, which give you a bit of something to chew on as you sip this.
If you are looking for more party recipes, I have a bunch of delicious Mardi Gras recipes to check out here.
Grape & Ginger Ale Chunky Punch
- Medium Punch Bowl and Cups
- 2 quart bottle Welch's Grape Juice chilled
- 2 liter bottle Ginger Ale chilled
- 10 oz jar Maraschino Cherries with juices
- 10 oz can of crushed pineapple with juices
For Ice Cubes:
- extra maraschino cherries
- extra ginger ale
- Alternatively, you could use pineapple or grape juice instead of the extra ginger ale for the ice cubes
- Prepare the ice cubes: Add a maraschino cherry to each ice cube tray compartment. Fill about 2/3 of the way with ginger ale soda. Don’t fill to the top as the soda will expand as it freezes. Freeze and store until ready to use. Alternatively you could use juice instead of soda.
- When ready to serve, add the cherry ice cubes to a punch bowl. Combine all punch ingredients to the punch bowl and stir gently.