Today I have a family recipe that my mom has been making a long, long time. Layered Pea Salad, which is so delicious that people usually go back for seconds or thirds. This is a recipe that she has made so many times she doesn’t need to use measurements, but I finally demanded that she write it down for the blog. Enjoy!
Layered Pea Salad
Makes a 9×13-inch pan
- 1 head iceberg or Romaine, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 10 to 16 oz. bag baby peas, boil 1 minute then drain and rinse with cold water
- 2 cups mayo
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- grated Parmesan, enough for a thick layer (The stuff from the green can)
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a 9×13-inch pan, put down a layer of prepared iceberg. Add the celery, green bell pepper, onions and peas.
- In a bowl, combine the mayo and sugar and mix well. Pour over the vegetables evenly. Top with the grated Parmesan. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon all over the top and chill for at least an hour or two before serving.
Recipe from my mom. Sharing this recipe at the following fun link parties.