This flavorful loaf of No-Knead Chocolate and Orange Artisan Bread was devoured quickly at our house. No butter or toppings are even needed, it is perfect the way it is.
My love of artisan bread continues! I went with the sweet theme of chocolate and orange this time around. The result was heavenly. Enjoy!
No-Knead Chocolate and Orange Artisan Bread
Chocolate and Orange No Knead Bread
For the dough:
- 1 1/2 cups cool tap water
- 1/2 tsp Instant or rapid rise yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 1/8 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia, this has a citrus and vanilla flavor
- 3 Tbsp orange zest or 1 teaspoon orange juice fruit powder
- 1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, yeast, sugar, vanilla, orange zest and chocolate chunks. Add water and mix until a shaggy mixture forms. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12 – 18 hours. Overnight works great.
- Add the lidded pot to the cold oven then heat oven to 450-f degrees.
- Meanwhile, pour dough onto a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let set while the pot is heating.
- Remove hot pot from the oven carefully. Add a piece of parchment paper to the bottom and place the dough on top. Cover and return to oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.