Mushroom Swiss Burgers are one of my favorite comfort meals. This is a simple recipe so you want to take the time to make sure each component tastes good. I picked up Onion rolls, which are the same size and shape as hamburger buns, and toasted them with a little bit of butter so they were warm and delicious.
Mushroom Swiss Burgers
Makes 4 burgers
- 2 cups sliced and washed mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 can Campbell’s Beefy Mushroom condensed soup
- pepper to taste
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger patties (About 1 lb to 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 envelop Lipton Onion Mushroom Soup & Dip Mix
- 4 hamburger buns (I used Onion buns, toasted with butter and warmed through)
- Mix the Lipton dry soup mix in with your patties. Chill until ready to grill.
- Saute the mushrooms and butter until tender. Add the can of Beefy Mushroom soup and bring to a simmer. Add pepper to taste. Keep warm until ready to add to burgers.
- Toast the hamburger buns with a small amount of butter until golden brown.
- When ready to grill, cook the patties until desired doneness and transfer to a plate. Top with Swiss cheese and add to buns. Top cheese with mushroom sauce. Add top bun and serve.
Recipe by Jam Hands.