This sweet and savory Butternut Acorn Squash Soup features butternut and acorn squash, cream cheese, onions, brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Summer is winding down and before you know it fall will be in full swing. If you are already craving the flavors of fall, try this delicious Butternut and Acorn Squash Soup.
Sweet Butternut Acorn Squash Soup
- Food Processor
- 1 medium butternut squash halved and seeded
- 1 medium acorn squash halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ground cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the squash halves cut side down in a baking dish. Bake 45 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Scoop the pulp from the skins. Discard skins.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion until tender.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the squash pulp, onion, broth, brown sugar, cream cheese, pepper, and cinnamon until smooth. This may be done in several batches.
- Transfer the soup to a pot over medium heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Garnish with parsley, and serve warm.